This is the time that your advisory gets to choose an advisory lesson or create your own! Advisory Choice should involve student and teacher activities supporting the A,B,C's (Academic, Building Relationships & Community). Advisory Choice lessons will best serve your class if both students and teacher generate a list of lessons they would like to experience throughout the year.
Advisory Choice lessons will best serve your class if both students and teacher generate a list of lessons they would like to experience throughout the year.
During Advisory Choice days:
- lesson preparation is required in advance (see link below for ideas & pre-made lessons...even these will require you to be familiar with the lesson prior to the advisory choice day)
- showing movies or TV shows need prior approval from administration and/or grade level leader
- teacher led study skill sessions are acceptable;
- study hall is not as this is what Liberty Hour is reserved for
- team building activities are great for building relationships and having fun
- outdoor nature walks, scavenger hunts or organized outdoor fun (notify the front office if going outside)
- food days (take care and consideration with food allergies)
- Online videos that inspire learning, building relationships, and/or connect students to positive pathways are acceptable (anticipatory/closing sets are important to reinforce the learning objective)
- browse the link below for Advisory Choice ideas