HANDBOOK FOLLOW UP
During Advisory today admin will check in with your students.
A few things to consider when they are visiting with students:
-Ask if they have any questions about the Handbook Chat
-Review importance of Sprigeo and where to find it (LHS homepage)
-Review Attendance Policy
-Review LH start date- August 29th
After admin end follow up discussion, begin going thru the process of grade checks. See protocols below.
Advisory Grade Check
- Have students open their PowerSchool on their laptops.
- Walk around the room and look at every student's grades or call students up individually with their laptops to show you their grades
- Provide encouraging feedback
- If you want to know more about a grade in a specific class ask the student to click on the percent/letter grade in order to see assignment details for the class.
- Use Teacher PowerSchool to access student grades (see PDF for PowerSchool support)
During Advisor-Student Grade Conference....
- Share this link http://bit.ly/studylhs for students to check out study skills
- Have students click on the first link "Study Skills Checklist" and have students jot down answers to the questions. Then students need to read the directions at the end of the checklist. Have students write down the areas they need self-help study guides and then...
- Have students explore the various study links provided on the StudyLHS link above
- After conferencing with all students have students share out study tips they learned or ideas that work for them
- Want to capture it?
- Try creating a Padlet wall for your Advisory & have students post study ideas